Playing sports is a great way to exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. However, there are many risks to playing sports, such as suffering from a sports injury. Fortunately for us, there are many ways to treat sports injuries as well as prevent them in the future! At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we provide massage therapy in Pelham NY, to treat your sports injury. If you want to learn about sports injuries and how to prevent and treat them, please continue reading!
Types of Sports Injuries
There are many types of sports injuries that people can encounter. Injuries can be caused by overuse, poor training, direct impact on muscles, and much more. Whatever your sports injury is, your physical therapist will determine what type of massage therapy in Pelham NY you will get. Here are a few examples of the several types of sports injuries:
- Knee injuries
- Achilles Muscle Tendon Rupture
- Sprains and Strains
- Rotator Cuff Injury
- Swollen Muscles
Types of Massage Therapy for Sports Injury
The type of sports injury will guide your massage therapy needs. You’re probably wondering about the different types of massage therapy. We provide different kinds of massage therapy in Pelham NY, at our clinic. Listed below are a few examples of types of therapy you can expect to prevent and treat your sports injury:
- Deep Tissue Massage: Apply firm pressure to deep layers of the muscles and fascia to release tension
- Swedish Massage: Very similar to the deep tissue massage, except light to medium pressure is applied to muscles instead of firm pressure.
- Trigger Point Release: Softens the muscle knots to reduce pain by applying pressure to trigger points until the muscles relax.
- Acupressure: Apply manual pressure to targeted areas with hands
- Alexander Technique: Prevent poor movement and postural habits for everyday activities
- Sports Massage: Combination of massage techniques which is tailored to the athlete’s needs
Contact Symmetry Physical Therapy
Having a sports injury can be difficult dealing with. You do not have to suffer anymore with the help of Symmetry Physical Therapy. We will develop a treatment plan that best fits your needs and concerns. Or, we can work on techniques that prevent a sports injury for an upcoming sporting event. Don’t hesitate to contact us and schedule an appointment to get massage therapy in Pelham NY.