Physical Therapy Purchase NY
Physical Therapy After an ACL Tear
The ACL is a ligament that connects the tibia and femur. The ACL also prevents the tibia from sliding out in front of the femur. As well as providing rotational stability to the knee. A popping sensation in the knee when an ACL injury occurs. The knee can swell, feel unstable and become painful when weight is put on it. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we provide expert Physical Therapy Purchase NY for ACL Injuries. Some known symptoms are:
- A loud popping sensation in the knee
- Severe pain and being unable to finish activities
- The low range of motion
- Instability when bearing weight
Most ACL Injuries Happen When:
- Suddenly slowing or changing directions
- Pivoting with your foot firmly planted
- Landing awkwardly from a jump
- Sudden stopping
- Blows directly to the knee
How Physical Therapy Can Help
Treating an ACL injury without surgery is reserved for patients ( copers) who aren’t having a lot of difficulty with an ACL tear. A physical therapist will provide a dedicated physical therapy regimen. The treatment may also include electrical stimulation applied to the quadriceps muscles, muscle strengthening, and balance training.
After surgery, your surgeon will provide a detailed post-surgery regimen. Some of the post-surgery regimens are:
- Bearing Weight– after surgery, crunches will be needed to walk. Depending on what type of surgery you get, your recovery period will vary. Your physical therapist will come up with the best treatment that will allow you to gain full function to your knee.
- Icing and compression- after surgery, an ice sleeve that compresses the knee will be provided by your PT to reduce swelling.
- Bracing- your physical therapist will offer a fitted brace that limits the range of motion. The physical therapist will show you how to use it.
- Movement exercises- the forest week after the surgery, a physical therapist will help you regain motion to the knee. Most of the first week’s exercises are meant to increase blood flow to the knee to lessen swelling.
- Electrical stimulation- a physical therapist may also use electrical stimulation to restore strength and achieve the last few degrees of motion.
- Stretching exercise- first four weeks, your physical therapist will make you do some non-weight-bearing and weight-bearing exercises. In the following weeks, the intensity of the exercise will increase.
How Symmetry Physical Therapy Can Help You
Symmetry Physical Therapy Purchase NY offers a dedicated physical therapy regimen that fits your lifestyle. We offer quality exercises that you can do yourself in the comfort of your home between sessions. If you are looking for Physical Therapy Purchase NY visit our website to learn more or to book an appointment.
What Are Common Sports Injuries?
Whether you are a professional, student, or recreational athlete, sports-related injuries are common. It is essential to know what common sports injuries are and ways you can prevent them! If you have been injured recently, join our Physical Therapy Purchase NY. Our team at Symmetry Physical Therapy is dedicated to getting you back on your feet and doing what you love!
Most Common Sports Injuries
No matter your skill level, sport-related injuries can happen to any athlete. Sports injuries are often caused by inadequate training, insufficient warm-ups, improper equipment, or an accident. Some of the most common sports-related injuries are:
- Ankle Sprain
- Hamstring Strain
- Shin Splints
- Groin Pull
- Tennis Elbow
- ACL Tear
Each injury may vary in severity depending on its cause. In some cases, surgery or rehabilitation may be required to treat the injury. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we offer Physical Therapy Purchase NY, to help athletes recover from sports injuries. Our services include physical therapy, sports performance, athletic training, and recovery services.
How to Prevent Sports Injuries
Learning about common sports injuries is an important step in prevention. Frequently, the steps you take before playing can affect how your body can handle the stress of an intense workout. If you are an athlete or simply an active person, here are five valuable tips to help you avoid an injury:
- Stay hydrated throughout your workout by drinking plenty of water.
- Warm-up and stretch before every practice.
- Wear the appropriate protective gear required for each sport.
- Get enough sleep the night before.
- Take breaks throughout your practice to give your body time to recover.
Injured? Visit Physical Therapy Purchase NY
As an athlete who is passionate about their sport, injuries can be devastating as they are painful and prevent you from doing what you love most. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we are here to help you recover and help you improve your performance abilities. We are committed to providing attentive, individualized care for each patient to ensure an optimal outcome. To schedule, an appointment for Physical Therapy Purchase NY, call or visit our website today!
What Are Common Knee Injuries?
Your knee is a lot more complex than you can even begin to realize. Holding the weight of your entire body on just a few bones and joints is the foundation of the way that we move throughout the day. This makes your knee extremely vulnerable to injury; some common knee injuries are fractures, dislocations, sprains, and ligament tears. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we strive to efficiently return our patients to their jobs, the playing field, and the lifestyle they are used to. We want to empower our patients with skills in pain management, injury prevention, and personal responsibility in the care of their injury or condition. If you need Physical Therapy Purchase NY contact our professional and experienced team.
What Is a Knee Fracture?
A knee fracture is when bones of the knee are broken during falls or even car accidents. Also, people who have osteoporosis can sometimes have a knee fracture simply by stepping the wrong way.
What Is a Knee Dislocation?
A dislocated knee is when the femur and the tibia are completely disconnected. A dislocated knee is fairly uncommon, but it can be potentially serious, and one should not try to reposition it without the help of a professional.
What Is a Knee Sprain and Ligament Tear?
A knee sprain is an injury of the ligaments, tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect the bones of the upper and lower leg at the knee joint. The knee has four major ligaments; ACL, PCL, MCL, and the LCL.
When To Get Treated For These Common Knee Injuries?
If you start to experience any of the following symptoms, you should seek professional guidance:
- sudden, intense pain
- difficulty walking/popping sounds/instability/weakness
Treatment For These Common Knee Injuries
- A stable fracture is when the knee will stay in place and heal on its own
- A displaced fracture is when the bone is broken and will need surgery
- An open fracture is when the bone breaks through the skin, and surrounding tissue is damaged, surgery is needed
- Your doctor might try some gentle stretching to help get your bones back into position.
- After your bones are back in their normal position, the doctor may try to put your joint in a splint or sling for several weeks.
- Unfortunately, you may need surgery to fix any major issue that has occurred.
- A mild to moderate knee ligament injury may heal on its own in time.
- To speed up the healing process post-surgery, you should rest the knee as often as possible, avoid putting heavy weight on it and pressure of any kind.
- I am also using ice, compression, elevation, and pain relievers.
- Doing muscle-strengthening exercises and wearing a protective brace will help with recovery.
Physical Therapy Purchase NY
Although these are all common knee injuries, they can lead to more serious issues if not treated by a professional. You should keep an eye out for any pain that you may experience. Even if you feel that it is “nothing,” it could turn into something. Symmetry Physical Therapy will always be there to help you through this process! Contact us for Physical Therapy Purchase NY.
Treating Back Pain with Physical Therapy
Symmetry Physical Therapy Purchase NY offers various services, including physical therapy, sports performance, athletic training, and recovery services. The goal our team and talented physical therapists have is to ensure our clients receive the best possible care at an affordable cost to allow them to live their active and healthy lifestyles. Our team works together to provide the best care for our patients while also implementing an individual approach to each client’s needs.
What is Back Pain?
Back pain has become a very common problem that people today face and has become the leading cause of disability today. Many people have missed work, stopped being active, or even lost a feeling of comfort and ease in their bodies due to back pain.
Symptoms of Back Pain?
There are many symptoms of back pain that people can experience. The most common symptoms of back pain are shooting, stabbing, or burning sensation in the back area (upper or lower). However, this pain can lead to shooting pains that can radiate down the leg. This type of pain could worsen if you lift your leg, move it in a specific direction or manner, or even walk and run. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should call your doctor or go to Physical Therapy Purchase NY
What Causes Back Pain?
Many issues can cause back pain. Your doctor will be able to identify what is causing this pain and locate the problem area from a test to help treat you. Some of these issues include:
- Muscle or ligament strain
- Bulging or ruptured disks
Suppose the pain worsens over time, and doesn’t heal with any rest, radiates further down your leg, or causes a numbness sensation. In that case, you should consider seeing a doctor or calling a Physical Therapy Purchase NY.
How To Treat Back Pain With Physical Therapy:
There are many benefits and positive results to treating back pain with physical therapy. Most patients will go to physical therapy for back pain for about four weeks. This treatment option is considered first before any surgical or most invasive options are considered. There are two ways to treat back pain with physical therapy:
- Passive physical therapy –
- This included treatments that are done to the patient, including applying heat, ice packs, or electric stimulation. This is often used before the exercises during physical therapy.
- Active physical therapy –
- This focuses more on the exercises specific to the problem area or stretching.
Physical Therapy Purchase NY
If you or a loved one are experiencing back pain, come to Symmetry Physical Therapy, the best Physical Therapy Purchase NY. Our team of trained and excellent physical therapists will help you get back to your pain-free and active lifestyle.
What Is Kinesio Taping?
The ability to improve our body’s function is sometimes a difficult task. Many Americans are in constant motion and rarely have time to unwind. Symmetry Physical Therapists can treat many injuries and give a patient the ability to recover from various medical conditions. However, sometimes the Symmetry Physical Therapy Purchase NY, will provide a patient with braces or tape options to help alleviate pain. One Example of the tape that Physical Therapists like to prescribe is Kinesio Tape.
What Is Kinesio Tape?
The tape is flexible and mimics human skin. Its materials consist of cotton and nylon fabric. The inter-woven fabric has an adhesive backing that allows it to stick directly onto the skin. Materials used in the tape provide the user with a durable product that is suitable for long-term use. Although many athletes use the tape product, Symmetry Physical Therapy Purchase NY, feel that any patient can use the tape outside of physically demanding activities.
Kinesio Tape Health Benefits
Symmetry Physical Therapists would recommend Kinesio tape to patients who have underlying conditions listed below:
- Pour Blood Circulation – Studies show that receiving increased blood flow to injured areas benefits the recovery process.
- Joint Pain– the application of tape creates a space between joints and the skin. This helps the body to compress swelling.
- Fluid improvement– Kinesio tape aids the Lymphatic System’s ability to function. Kinesio Tape gives the body an area for the body to focus on and recover.
All of the conditions listed above are some health benefits Kinesio tape provides. The tape raises the skin and creates open space between the internal body and the skin. Open space under the skin allows the brain to send different signals to an injured area and help heal the body. Kinesio tape can help circulate blood flow and allow the body to recover naturally.
Visit Symmetry Physical Therapy Purchase NY Today!
Who knew that the simple application of Kinesio tape could offer so much to the patient’s recovery! Symmetry Physical Therapy Purchase NY, is willing to help individuals to regain the strength they deserve. If you have any questions on Kinesio tape or any other injuries, don’t be afraid to contact us on our website!