Sports Rehab Near Purchase NY
Symmetry Physical Therapy Sports Rehab near Purchase NY provides our patients, business associates, insurers, and employers, quality, cost-effective, outcome-oriented rehabilitation services. We strive to efficiently return our patients to the workforce, the playing fields, and the independent lifestyle they are accustomed to. Also, we empower our patients with skills in self-management, injury prevention, and the assumption of personal responsibility in the active care of their injury or condition.
We’re Committed To Your Specific Goals!
We are committed to providing focused, individualized care for each patient to ensure an optimal outcome. We take a team-based approach to care, drawing on the skills of a group of talented therapists with specialized skills who are able to deploy a range of therapies to address each patient’s needs. The size of our practice allows for a perfect balance – small enough to provide personalized care, but with sufficient scale to offer services that are affordable.
If you never had to go to physical therapy before, you may be unsure if you want to give it a try. There is a multitude of benefits Sports Rehab near Purchase NY can provide. Symmetry Physical Therapy can help you get back on the field faster and get you to be the person you once were before!
Benefits of Physical Therapy
When a person gets an injury, the first thought in most people’s heads is to rest the injured area until it feels better. However, that’s not always the case! Some movement can help prevent the muscle from stiffening up and strengthen it. With the help of a professional physical therapist, you can get back to enjoying the things you love the most! Here are some benefits that Sports Rehab near Purchase NY can offer:
- Improve movement and function: With the guidance of a physical therapist, they can help you perform a light exercise and simple stretching to improve flexibility faster than just waiting at home.
- Reduce pain: Symmetry Physical Therapy offers several different services to help manage any discomfort you may have. Our staff is trained in the Graston Technique, Kinesio Taping, massage therapy, and Radial Shockwave Therapy. The technique that will be offered to you depends on the injury you have.
- Avoid surgery: If left untreated, some injuries can become worse and require surgery to heal correctly. Sports Rehab near Purchase NY is proven to treat various conditions, including meniscal tears and rotator cuff tears.
- Prevent injury: If you were injured previously or at risk of getting an injury, physical therapy could prevent future injuries. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we offer stride gait analysis to ensure that you’re exercising with as little risk as possible.
Contact Symmetry Physical Therapy Today!
We’re committed to providing you a personalized physical therapy program unique to your situation. If you have a sports injury, give us a call! To learn more about the services we offer and to make an appointment, contact us on our website!
How Does the Graston Technique Help Injuries?
If you have pain in your muscles, the Graston Technique may be able to help you! Unlike other forms of manual therapy, the Graston Technique utilizes stainless steel instruments to help treat injured areas. If you need Sports Rehab near Purchase NY, visit Symmetry Physical Therapy! Our staff is trained to perform the Graston Technique, so you are guaranteed to be in good hands!
What Does the Graston Technique Do?
When your muscles become injured, your body tries to repair them by creating scar tissue. While the scar tissue does hold the muscle together, it is not as strong or flexible as healthy tissue.
With physical therapy in Bronxville NY, the Graston Technique aims to relieve the pain caused by scar tissue by breaking it down and stretching the soft tissue underneath. By breaking down the scar tissue, the muscle can heal more durable than before and increase mobility. Injuries that the Graston Technique can help include:
- Lower back strain or sprain
- Achilles tendinosis
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cervical sprain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff tendinosis
- Shin splints
- Golfer’s elbow
If you have any of these injuries, physical therapy Knoxville NY can help!
How Does the Graston Technique Work?
At your physical therapy Knoxville NY, appointment, one of our physical therapists will begin the Graston technique treatment by massaging the injured area with a specialized stainless steel instrument. With this instrument, your physical therapist will be able to find the spot where scar tissue has formed. Then, they will gently break up the tissue by using the instrument to massage it against the grain of the scar tissue. Your muscles will now begin to heal correctly, reduce your pain, and increase your mobility.
Contact Sports Rehab near Purchase NY Today!
If you’re injured, let Symmetry Physical Therapy help you! Our compassionate and skilled physical therapists can help relieve your pain so you can get back to doing what you love to do! If you have any questions about the Graston Technique, or if you would like to make an appointment, visit our website or give us a call! We look forward to helping you get back on your feet!
What Are The Benefits of Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy, also known as physiotherapy, is a form of rehabilitation that can help people with injuries live healthy lives. Whether it’s recovering from knee surgery, helping someone with chronic back pain, or teaching an athlete how to properly stretch their muscles before they play sports, physical therapists are there to guide them through the healing process. If you need Sports Rehab near Purchase NY, contact the Symmetry Physical Therapy team after an injury.
Lower Body Injuries
People recovering from injuries, such as knee surgery or hip replacements, are often prescribed physical therapy to speed up recovery. During their time in therapy, they will learn how to properly stretch and strengthen their muscles again so that when they recover enough to return home, they can easily transition without any recurring pain.
Another way that physical therapy helps people is by treating chronic back pain. Often, people who suffer from chronic back pain experience stiffness and tight muscles. A physical therapist will work on manipulating the patient’s body to help them deal with their current condition. If a patient is suffering from a herniated disc in the back, the physical therapist will instruct them on lifting objects so their muscles can stay strong without straining the disc properly.
A therapist will use massage therapy, cupping treatment, ultrasounds, Kinesio taping, and more! Our team provides expert Sports Rehab near Purchase NY. To learn all the ways we can help, contact our team!
Athletes who often have trouble warming up before sports are often recommended to go through physical therapy. A physical therapist will work with the athlete to stretch out specific muscles that they need. Symmetry Physical Therapy will provide treatment plans for athletes to help them achieve their recovery goals. It is also important for athletes to be aware of how they can avoid it and our team can help with that.
Another great benefit of physical therapy is recovery services for athletes. Athletes need to take care of their bodies to continue to perform at their highest level. Athletes must take time to recover after they have trained, or it could lead to injury. Symmetry Physical Therapy offers modalities like the GameReady compression sleeves, cupping therapy, and assisted stretching.
Sports Rehab near Purchase NY
These treatments all help to increase blood flow, reduce swelling and soreness. If you are an athlete and need help taking care of your body, contact the experts at Symmetry Physical Therapy. Our team will provide Sports Rehab near Purchase NY to help you recover.
What Are Common Sports Injuries?
Whether you are a professional, student, or recreational athlete, sports-related injuries are common. It is essential to know what common sports injuries are and ways you can prevent them! If you have been injured recently, join our sports rehab near Purchase NY. Our team at Symmetry Physical Therapy is dedicated to getting you back on your feet and doing what you love!
Most Common Sports Injuries
No matter your skill level, sport-related injuries can happen to any athlete. Sports injuries are often caused by inadequate training, insufficient warm-ups, improper equipment, or an accident. Some of the most common sports-related injuries are:
- Ankle Sprain
- Hamstring Strain
- Shin Splints
- Groin Pull
- Tennis Elbow
- ACL Tear
Each injury may vary in severity depending on its cause. In some cases, surgery or rehabilitation may be required to treat the injury. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we offer sports rehab near Purchase NY, to help athletes recover from sports injuries. Our services include physical therapy, sports performance, athletic training, and recovery services.
How to Prevent Sports Injuries
Learning about common sports injuries is an important step in prevention. Frequently, the steps you take before playing can affect how your body can handle the stress of an intense workout. If you are an athlete or simply an active person, here are five valuable tips to help you avoid an injury:
- Stay hydrated throughout your workout by drinking plenty of water.
- Warm-up and stretch before every practice.
- Wear the appropriate protective gear required for each sport.
- Get enough sleep the night before.
- Take breaks throughout your practice to give your body time to recover.
Injured? Visit Sports Rehab Near Purchase NY
As an athlete who is passionate about their sport, injuries can be devastating as they are painful and prevent you from doing what you love most. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we are here to help you recover and help you improve your performance abilities. We are committed to providing attentive, individualized care for each patient to ensure an optimal outcome. To schedule, an appointment for Sports rehab near Purchase NY, call or visit our website today!
Massage Therapy For Muscle Strains
Muscle strains are a result of exercise or trauma to the muscles. They involve damage to muscle fibers, either partially or completely ruptured, resulting in pain and swelling during movement. Initially, muscle strains may feel like a pulled muscle with spasms after workouts. Then over time, they will become more painful when touched or stretched, which increases inflammation around the injured area. Contact Symmetry Physical Therapy for Sports Rehab near Purchase NY today!
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a great way to treat muscle strains, which helps increase blood flow and relax the muscles while reducing the pain associated with strained muscles. It can also help prevent further injury to the muscle during intense workouts or daily activities.
Here are five massage techniques you should try if you have a muscle strain for Sports Rehab near Purchase NY:
- Effleurage: this is a long, gliding stroke with the hands where you would place them flat on top of each other and glide your hands together. You can do it vertically or horizontally over the muscle being worked on. This technique will help decrease pain and increase blood flow.
- Petrissage: This involves kneading or pinching the muscle with your fingers and hands to help relieve tension.
- Tapotement: this is a percussion massage technique where you use an open hand, fist, or knuckles to tap on the muscles to help relax them. It relieves pressure in the muscle and reduces pain associated with swelling that may be present.
- Trigger Point Therapy involves applying pressure to an isolated small area of the muscle that may be tight and knotting up due to inflammation, injury, or another type of discomfort.
- Muscle Energy Techniques: this requires you to place your hands on the outside of the injured muscles and then push and pull with gentle and even force to stretch the muscle. It’s a very mild, slow type of stretching that should not be painful.
Symmetry PT – Sports Rehab near Purchase NY
These techniques should help you decrease pain and tension in your muscles while increasing your range of motion and flexibility. They can all be done without an appointment or therapist with just a little bit of research on the internet or at your local library. You can also use many of these techniques at home before or after exercising to prevent injuring muscles in the future. Contact Symmetry PT for Sports Rehab near Purchase NY!
What Are Common Knee Injuries?
Your knee is a lot more complex than you can even begin to realize. Holding the weight of your entire body on just a few bones and joints is the foundation of the way that we move throughout the day. This makes your knee extremely vulnerable to injury; some common knee injuries are fractures, dislocations, sprains, and ligament tears. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, we strive to efficiently return our patients to their jobs, the playing field, and the lifestyle they are used to. We want to empower our patients with skills in pain management, injury prevention, and personal responsibility in the care of their injury or condition. If you need Sports Rehab near Purchase NY contact our professional and experienced team.
What Is a Knee Fracture?
A knee fracture is when bones of the knee are broken during falls or even car accidents. Also, people who have osteoporosis can sometimes have a knee fracture simply by stepping the wrong way.
What Is a Knee Dislocation?
A dislocated knee is when the femur and the tibia are completely disconnected. A dislocated knee is fairly uncommon, but it can be potentially serious, and one should not try to reposition it without the help of a professional.
What Is a Knee Sprain and Ligament Tear?
A knee sprain is an injury of the ligaments, tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect the bones of the upper and lower leg at the knee joint. The knee has four major ligaments; ACL, PCL, MCL, and the LCL.
When To Get Treated For These Common Knee Injuries?
If you start to experience any of the following symptoms, you should seek professional guidance:
- sudden, intense pain
- difficulty walking/popping sounds/instability/weakness
Treatment For These Common Knee Injuries
- A stable fracture is when the knee will stay in place and heal on its own
- A displaced fracture is when the bone is broken and will need surgery
- An open fracture is when the bone breaks through the skin, and surrounding tissue is damaged, surgery is needed
- Your doctor might try some gentle stretching to help get your bones back into position.
- After your bones are back in their normal position, the doctor may try to put your joint in a splint or sling for several weeks.
- Unfortunately, you may need surgery to fix any major issue that has occurred.
- A mild to moderate knee ligament injury may heal on its own in time.
- To speed up the healing process post-surgery, you should rest the knee as often as possible, avoid putting heavy weight on it and pressure of any kind.
- I am also using ice, compression, elevation, and pain relievers.
- Doing muscle-strengthening exercises and wearing a protective brace will help with recovery.
Sports Rehab near Purchase NY
Although these are all common knee injuries, they can lead to more serious issues if not treated by a professional. You should keep an eye out for any pain that you may experience. Even if you feel that it is “nothing,” it could turn into something. Symmetry Physical Therapy will always be there to help you through this process! Contact us for Sports Rehab near Purchase NY!