Are you a golf lover? This sport is enjoyable but can have some consequences. If you’re a fan of golf but have been experiencing some pain in either your back, elbows, or other areas, we can help you. At Symmetry Physical Therapy, our mission is to provide the best physical therapy in Purchase NY. If you want to learn more about golf injuries, continue reading.
Types of Golf Injuries
It’s important that your physical therapist evaluates you to see what type of golf injury you are suffering from. Below are examples of golf injuries that we treat. Visit or contact our office today so that you can start physical therapy in Purchase NY.
- Golfer’s Elbow: Pain and inflammation in the tendons that connect the forearm to the elbow
- Tennis Elbow: Similar to golfer’s elbow, but the pain is on the outside of the elbow
- Back Pain: Bent posture as well as rotational stress on the muscles which leads to back pain
- Rotator Cuff Injury: Pain in the shoulder that can be caused by overuse or wear and tear over time
- Neck Injury: Neck spasms due to frequent twisting of the body
- Hand and Wrist Injuries: Pain and tenderness in hand and wrist area due to repetitive motions and high speed of swings.
- Foot and Ankle Injuries: Strain and tendonitis in the ankle and foot area due to loss of balance or footing
Treatment of Golf Injuries
If any of these injuries sound like something you’re experiencing, there are ways that they can be treated. There are some simple tips to healing from your golf injuries that go a long way, such as selecting better footwear, warming up, carrying lighter clubs, etc. Physical therapy treatment for golf injuries will usually require manual therapy and therapy exercises. Our clinic offers an exclusive Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Golf Fitness program. We provide an individualized program to best fit your needs with manual therapy and corrective exercises. This program focuses on improving your mobility and stability as part of your physical therapy in Purchase NY.
Contact Symmetry Physical therapy in Purchase NY
We understand the importance of helping you heal so that you can continue to get back out on the golf course. Our goal is not only to enhance your performance but also to make golf more enjoyable for you. Contact us today so that you can participate in physical therapy in Purchase NY.